Re: [platform-swt-dev] NS_InitEmbedding error when embedding a Browser

Hi Christophe,

You can have a look at the SWT Browser implementation on Linux Motif. It embeds Mozilla into a GtkPlug too. You can look in particular at the part that runs the GTK - aka Mozilla - event loop within the Motif/X event loop in the Browser constructor. This part might be the one causing trouble in your case - not sure how it looks like in your Fox port. Do you have the hyperlinks working? Do other websites with text Forms work?
The SWT/Motif implementation is the one I use as a reference point. And yes, the Browser widget I've written for Fox does essentially the same - spins the GTK message loop for a while every 25ms or so, using a Fox timer event.

Yes the hyperlinks (and buttons) are sort of working.
The text fileds on other webpages don't work either.

If you want, you can open a bug report and post some code. No promise here, but we'll be curious to look at it and see if it rings a bell...
I will - later today.

Regards,
Ivan

Back to the top