[platform-releng-dev] OK to configure maven-toolchains-plugin for JavaSE-9 per test plug-in?

Hi,

JDT gerrit jobs need to run using JDK-9, for which purpose I'm planning
to add explicit configuration for maven-toolchains-plug into the poms of
our test plug-ins, like so:

        <plugin>
            <artifactId>maven-toolchains-plugin</artifactId>
            <version>1.1</version>
            <executions>
                <execution>
                    <phase>validate</phase>
                    <goals>
                        <goal>toolchain</goal>
                    </goals>
                </execution>
            </executions>
            <configuration>
                <toolchains>
                    <jdk>
                        <id>JavaSE-9</id>
                    </jdk>
                </toolchains>
            </configuration>
        </plugin>

Could this possibly interfere with SDK builds / tests, or are those
fully independent of this part of pom configuration?

Even if maven build for these plug-ins only compile without actually launching,
still the server will probably need a proper toolchains entry for JavaSE-9
(which doesn't seem to be standard on our servers, yet).

Let me know if more needs to be done before I can push that change,
thanks,
Stephan

Back to the top