Re: [platform-releng-dev] Is the 4.7 P-build archived somewhere?

> - Oxygen.1 + Java 9 Patch

Then you need to use http://download.eclipse.org/eclipse/updates/4.7-U-builds/. That's what we use to feed the Marketplace. P-builds won't come back in any way.

Dani

From:        Andreas Sewe <andreas.sewe@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:        platform-releng-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Date:        12.10.2017 13:33
Subject:        Re: [platform-releng-dev] Is the 4.7 P-build archived somewhere?
Sent by:        platform-releng-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Hi Dani,

> The P-builds were there to provide access to the BETA builds from our
> BETA branches. Those are no longer alive. The code has been merged to
> master and R4_7_maintenance. Also U-builds are not following the latest
> changes we make now.

I know that there won't be any new P-builds, as the Java 9 branch has
been merged for Oxygen.1a.

However, what we want to accomplish is to something different:

To double-check JDT compatibility, we build & test Code Recommenders
against multiple versions of JDT. This set of representative JDT
installs is ATM

- Luna SR2
- Mars.2
- Neon.3
- Oxygen.1 + Java 9 Patch
- The latest Oxygen M-build
- The latest Photon S-build

Of these, the first 4 don't change anymore, but as our users still may
install Code Recommenders on top of, say, Neon.3, we want to
continuously check that everything works for Neon.3 + Code Recommenders.
For similar reasons, we want to check that everything works for users
running Oxygen.1 + Java 9 Patch + Code Recommenders. But, yes, the
userbase of Oxygen.1 + Java 9 Patch is probably small as its easy to
move to Oxygen.1a.

Hope this explains why I am interested in the P-build at least being
archived somewhere.

Best wishes,

Andreas

--