[photran] RESOLVED: How to set PATH on Mac OS X Mountain Lion

There were several questions about how to set the PATH on Mac OS X 10.8 (Mountain Lion) so that Eclipse can find the gfortran executable.

In previous versions of Mac OS X, you could create an ~/environment.plist file and set the PATH there, but this does not work in Mountain Lion.

On Mountain Lion (OS X 10.8), the best solution I have found is to explicitly set the PATH by editing the Info.plist file for the Eclipse application. Instructions are posted at http://wiki.eclipse.org/PTP/photran/documentation/photran8installation#On_Mac_OS_X_Mountain_Lion_.2810.8.29

This seems ugly, and I haven't been able to test it extensively, so if someone has a better solution, I'd like to hear it!

Jeff

Back to the top