|[pdt-dev] PDT Help|
At begin, I was officially approved as new project lead. Thank you for a trust!
From my side, I want introduce process of incremental cleaning up code and documentation. At first, it could be PDT User Manual.
In past, we receive initial documentation from Zend Company (thank you for that). Unfortunately this documentation is now outdated and unmaintainable. Besides itâs also available in online mode only .
Would be good to convert it into more developer familiar format, update and move to org.eclipse.php.help plugin again. This also allow us to participate in eclipse info center . Of course good documentation have also many other advantages.
I have serveral propositions how we can do that:
1. Convert to eclipse wiki page, and compile to eclipse help on demand or while mvn clean install. Like Mylyn and Egit 
* help can be updated by our user
* we havenât full control on help
* after each ui change, we have to remember about help update. Probably everybody forgot
2. Convert to creole wikitext / textile and put source directly inside help plugin repo. Like Xtext 
* we can update help and source code in one patch
* full control on help
* gerrit :D
* users need CLA signed to send contribution
3. Only cleanup html code and put to help plugin
* probably everybody know HTML
* same advantages as point 2
* more boilerplate code, probably unreadable without html editor + preview
* same as point 2
4. Ignore me ;)
My favourite is point 2. Our format can be Markdown, WikiText, Creole, Textile.
 - https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=369635
+48 795 996 064