[pdt-dev] H2Cache questions

Hi PDT-team,

I have some questions regarding this class

http://git.eclipse.org/c/dltk/org.eclipse.dltk.core.git/log/core/plugins/org.eclipse.dltk.core.index.sql.h2/src/org/eclipse/dltk/internal/core/index/sql/h2/H2Cache.java

which was contributed some time ago by Michael and committed by Roy.

As I understand the code, it looks like *all* the data from SQL database is loaded into this class and then updates happen to both the in-memory copy and the underlying SQL database.
For me, that effectively compromises the SQL database, as the same result could be reached with eventually saving data to file using java serialization.

So, I am curious of the following:
- how much memory does it use?
- is it supposed to be a cache (and contain recently used data) or a full in-memory copy?
- how much does it improve the performance? Can the same effect be reached in other ways?

Thanks,
Alex

Back to the top