From: pdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [pdt-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] on behalf of Karol Gusak [karol@xxxxxxxx]
Sent: 16 April 2011 16:03
To: PDT Developers
Subject: Re: [pdt-dev] Question regarding GSoC

Hi,

I think your order of features is better. :-) I'm going to thing about it more.

In Ace [1], they have a concept for modes to highlight different parts
of code in same file using different highlighters. There is no such
thing in Orion yet. They don't highlight JS in HTML yet. I just asked
on bugtracker about it.

I like the service idea, however I'm concerned about the latency.
Coloring syntax in Orion in real time could be problematic, right?
Unless the service would be embedded with Orion server-side too.

I couldn't find any existing public highlighting service for PHP.
However, except what I mentioned in the proposal, I also stumbled upon
SHJS [1] which can highlight many languages, including PHP.

[1] - http://shjs.sourceforge.net/

Regards,
Karol