Re: [pdt-dev] code assist development

Hi Philip,

We do a real black magic, when generating stubs for all native PHP elements.
First of all, we use reflection mechanism for building a multi-array of all existing elements. Then we refer to the PHPDoc for the documentation on elements that were found. The problems that we run into are usually:

1. Reflection doesn't contain needed information (class properties, namespaces, etc...)
2. PHPDoc XML is not standard in many cases (constant values, etc...)
3. Missing PHPDoc :)

You can look at this script for better understanding of what's happening: http://dev.eclipse.org/viewcvs/index.cgi/org.eclipse.pdt/plugins/org.eclipse.php.core/Resources/language/generate.php?root=Tools_Project&view=markup

Thanks for the interest!
Michael