Re: [pdt-dev] 2.2.0: CA, Hover and many other things broken in current cvs snapshot

Hi,

I have fixed this bug in CVS (DLTK).
Thanks for the report!

Best regards,
Michael

On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 12:02 PM, Roy Ganor <roy@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

Posted it in forum yesterday: http://www.eclipse.org/forums/index.php?t=msg&goto=489604&S=7740bcc8cc987b44345c495054b62a6b

 2.2.0: CA, Hover and many other things broken in current cvs snapshot [message #489578]

Mon, 05 October 2009 02:40

Martin Eisengardt  is currently offline Martin Eisengardt
Messages: 3
Registered: July 2009

Junior Member

The code assist/ hover and other things will not work in a specific situation. Create a projects with separate source folders (not using the project itself as a source folder) will break the functionality.

The cause is very simple but may indicate a bug in the new dltk indexer. However the indexer will index every file. It build some kind of "Category". Seems to me that every fill will be connected to a specific category. and every type is connected to a specific file.
However if you use separate source folders and not using the project itself as a source folder there will be multiple categories.

Looking why the Hover and code assist does not work at all indicates that every search will contain a WHERE condition that does not contain the correct categories. However PDT creates some kind of search scope and the search scope itself is correct.
Class org.eclipse.dltk.internal.core.index.sql.SqlSearchEngine, Line 71 in current cvs snapshot will only ask for the zip and project itself (scope.enclosingProjectsAndZips). And it will never find any type that will reside in a separate source folder.

Did I make a mistake when building pdt from source or can you confirm the bug? Should this bug be reported to dltk-team? Maybe you (the pdt team) already know but i did not find any bug in the dltk. I think it should be fixed before releasing 2.2