Re: [pdt-dev] Installation of 2.2.0M1 (2009/09/06)

Fixing site.xml locally won't help if you also have artifacts.jar and content.jar; also, if p2 has already scanned the site for metadata, you need to

Help > Install New > Available sites > select site > Test Connection

in order to refresh the updated metadata.

So from a testing POV, to do what you suggest requires:

a) unzip the archive
b) delete the artifacts.jar, content.jar
c) fix site.xml
d) re-zip the archive
e) test connection on the local archive site

---

The larger issue of why the site.xml is suddenly an incomplete XML document, and thus the metadata generated from it is invalid / missing... that's a bigger concern. Not sure what would have caused that.

Sebastian Henrich wrote:
Thanks for your help!

But there is still something wrong with the archived update site! The contents are only listed if "Group items by category" is unchecked during installation. I took a short look at the site.xml. It seems, that the opening <site> tag is missing. There is also no description included as before. Adding the missing <site> tag didn't bring up the contents if "Group items by category" is checked. So there must be another bug.

For a successful installation I had to place the org.h2_1.1.116.jar inside the dropins folder and add the DLTK All-In-1 update Site available at http://www.eclipse.org/downloads/download.php?file=/technology/dltk/downloads/drops/R2.0/S-2.0M1-200908200610/dltk-S-2.0M1-200908200610-updateSite.zip to my "Available Software Sites".

Best regards

  Sebastian Henrich