[pdt-dev] Re: resolving PDT build issues

1. JFlex is needed in the build time. This will happen once on one of
Eclipse build servers. I guess this is legal, since everybody runs
Linux GPL utilities from their ANT scripts without any compunctions :)

2. JavaCUP is approved, you can see these approvals here:

On Wed, May 6, 2009 at 7:49 PM, Nick Boldt <nickboldt@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> As I see we haven't got an approval for JFlex. Actually, this Jar is
>> only used for generating PHP lexer sources. I can update the ANT task
>> that generates lexers to fetch the JFlex Jar from the internet,
>> generate files, and then remove it.
> So people's computers would behind the scenes be installing non-EPL code?
> Suggest running that one past the folks at legal@xxxxxxxxxxxx Seems dodgy.
> Will they be prompted to accept the non-EPL EULA?
>> Regarding JavaCUP we got an IP approval already.
> It doesn't show up in your IP log, which is one of the Must Do bugs for
> Galileo:
> http://www.eclipse.org/projects/ip_log.php?projectid=tools.pdt
>>> I'm not sure if it recurses INTO jars; I would guess no.
>>> BTW, I'm going to pretend that the aforementioned jars have already been
>>> approved bby the Eclipse Legal team, documented in IPzilla with CQs, and
>>> not
>>> mention that redistribution of non-CQ-approved code at eclipse.org is
>>> illegal, since you already know that.
>>> I'm going to further NOT mention that code released under GPL (or
>>> GPL-equivalents) is not compatible w/ EPL and therefore cannot be
>>> approved
>>> in IPzilla for redistribution.
>>> Of course if you want to redistribute these jars you can do so @
>>> sourceforge
>>> or a similar place, but eclipse.org != GPL-land. That's how CDT gets
>>> around
>>> this limitation for redistribution of MinGW.
>>> --
>>> Nick Boldt :: http://wiki.eclipse.org/User:Nickb
>>> Release Engineer :: Eclipse Modeling & Dash Athena
> --
> Nick Boldt :: http://wiki.eclipse.org/User:Nickb
> Release Engineer :: Eclipse Modeling & Dash Athena

Best regards,