[pdt-dev] Extending PDT with PHP this summer

Hello guys,

In december 2008 I did a talk at the french PHP conference on how
people can use the PHP Development Toolkit (PDT)  to integrate their
own PHP frameworks and tools inside Eclipse
(http://afup.org/pages/forumphp2008/sessions.php#105).
However, PHP developers are often not familiar with Java and they need
to use PHP not only for dynamic capabilities but also to integrate
PHP-written libraries inside Eclipse. Using PHP as a runtime language
for plug-in is also an opportunity to script development workflows.
I discovered e4 and I wrote a JavaScript plug-in that performs static
analysis on PHP source-code as a showcase:
http://code.google.com/p/jspde/source/browse/trunk/org.phpaspect.examples/src/PHPStaticAnalysis.js.

This is a lot of fun and I applied to the 2009 Google Summer of Code:
"Leverage one of existing PHP/Java bridges for adding a PHP support
into e4". You will find my proposal enclosed.
I also wrote a couple of slides to sum-up my proposal:
http://www.slideshare.net/wcandillon/e4php-google-summer-of-code-proposal
This project would be a giant leap for PHP developers but also a great
showcase for other communities looking to integrate other scripting
languages inside e4.

If you think that this project is worthwhile, please log-in on the
Google Summer of Code application and please vote for this proposal.

Please send me your feedbacks.

Best regards,

William

--