[pdt-dev] PHP 5.3.0 support

Hello,

First off I am new to this mailing list so if this question has been asked before please bear with me.

Is there any plans for adding support for the new language features introduced in PHP 5.3.0 any time soon? I'm currently working on a project of mine where I have started to take advantage of the newly addition to the scope operator which allows you to use a variable as the class name just like you can when creating a new class. Today this results in a parse error in PDT.

Example code to reproduce the problem:

class foo {
   public static function bar { echo 'foo::bar()!'; }
}
$var = 'foo';
$var::bar(); // This works in PHP 5.3.0 but breaks in both the last release of PDT and the nightly build

Runar

Back to the top