Re: [pdt-dev] Server Launch Dialog for branch

Hi Dave,

On Dec 3, 2007 2:08 PM, Dave Kelsey <d_kelsey@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi, I have been testing the new path mapping support with xdebug, and it is looking pretty good. I have noticed an issue with the Server launch dialog for branch PDT 1.0.2 (R1_0_2_20071125) which I am assuming is the next PDT release.
>
> If I have AutoGenerate unchecked, changing the file or changing the server still updates the URL (but only when the entry for file matches the selected file in the dialog)
>

> So for example if File is specified as "/PhpCode/guessingWeb.php"
>
> and my URL is "http://localhost:8080/";   "/PhpCode/guessingWeb.php"
>
> changing either the server or the file will replace the file section of the URL. If my URL was something like
>
> "http://localhost:8080/";   "index.php"
>
> then it doesn't change. Is this expected behaviour as it did catch me out. I would like to for example be able to change the server, but not have it update the file part of the URL.

When "Auto-generate" is unchecked changing Server should affect only
on host-name part of the URL.
Moreover, changing the File shouldn't change anything in the URL when
"Auto-generate" is unchecked.
Can you verify that you are running an updated version? (HEAD)

> The other issue I have is that I would really like AutoGenerate to have the option to include the project as part of the URL path.

Do you think it should be an additional option (to the
"Auto-generate") or project name should be prepended to the path by
default?

Thanks.

--
Michael