RE: [pdt-dev] Memory usage?

Hi,

Please verify that your eclipse.ini file contains the following directives:

--launcher.XXMaxPermSize

256m

-vmargs

-Xms40m

-Xmx256m

The 1st one should restrict the amount of memory that will be used of allocating Java objects to 256 Mb

We started using it when we switched to eclipse 3.3 and we started getting OutOfMemory problems

Let me know if it helps

In addition, is your Gentoo 64bit or 32bit?

Assaf A.