Re: [paho-dev] Paho Python client v2.1.0 release

Hello,

not every program. What was done is that the callback version default to V1 which means that:

* program that provide zero argument to Client() will work

* program that provide only keyword argument to Client() will work

I've indeed missed the use-case of distribution that had to held the version until all packages using it have upgraded.

Support for 1.6.1 and 2.1.0 is now easier as long as you only use keyword argument to Client(), but not with positional arguments. I'll look if I can support defaulting on V1 even when using positional arguments.

PierreF