[p2-dev] Update Error: is not applicable to the current configuration and will not be installed

Hello,

I would like to know how I could pass this error.
In short. We have our plugin which we use to install plugin updates which are not possible from Install New Software because user does not have admin rights.
It perfectly works for plugin updates, but I am getting this error for plugin patches.

Suppose I have a patch already installed in core org.eclipse.cdt.ui.patch and I generated an update for it. A new patch for same plugin.
My update plugin is able to see that update is available, but it throws this error.

=[Status ERROR: org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations code=10011 "C/C++ Development Tools UI patch" is not applicable to the current configuration and will not be installed. null]

Same patch I can successfully install from Install New Software.
I'm not interested in Install New Software option. I would like to make it working from my update plugin which uses org.eclipse.equinox.p2.operations API

Which plugin is developing feature  Install New Software.
Maybe checking how it configures the profile that works, can help me.

Thank you
Kind Regards
Lidia

Back to the top