Re: [p2-dev] Read-only installation and user-specific update area

On Tue, 12 Nov 2019 at 10:44, Mickael Istria <mistria@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Except that in the configuration dir we have also that "eclipse.ini.ignored"

I think this is also something that can be improved, but may require changes in multiple places: the read-only eclipse.ini file could be copied and augmented into a local eclipse.ini (not ignored). However, even if there is a local eclipse.ini, would the launcher read it instead of the global one?
I suggest you open a new bug about this part of the story ;)

I think eclipse should do what we do (we have the same thing with propertie files that can be adjusted in a deployed web app )
we also put that in the home dir and we just look at the time stamp which one to get...