[p2-dev] How optional is described in RequiredCapability ?

Hi all,

I'm trying to find possible hacks in Tycho/p2 to make Tycho able to include platform-specific features in category.xml. This usually fails during target-platform resolution, so I would like to find a way to first make Tycho much more (too) permissive by forcing all dependencies to be "optional".
So I landed onto the RequiredCapability class, which describes how things are resolved. However I didn't see in this class about "optional" is defined. How is the optional behavior described at this layer of p2 API?

Thanks in advance,
--
Mickael Istria
Eclipse developer for Red Hat Developers

Back to the top