Re: [p2-dev] Update mechanism

What are root level features? I do not see something in the tutorial about that.

-----Ursprüngliche Nachricht-----
Von: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] Im Auftrag von Lars Vogel
Gesendet: Donnerstag, 31. März 2016 12:10
An: P2 developer discussions <p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Betreff: Re: [p2-dev] Update mechanism

Hi Alexander,

did you try using root level features? This is also described in the tutorial.

Best regards, Lars

On Wed, Mar 30, 2016 at 9:21 AM, Alexander Gerbig <agerbig@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi p2-dev team,
>

> we are developing a rcp product with a lot of features. The features
> are included in the product. The update mechanism is developed as
> described
>
> in the tutorial from Lars Vogel
> (http://www.vogella.com/tutorials/EclipseP2Update/article.html).
>

> When I change a plugin/feature and according to that the versions of
> these and the product the update mechanism works. My question now: Is
> it
>
> possible to just deploy the changed feature into a p2 repository so
> the update mechanism downloads only this feature? A local test of this
> scenario was not successful.
>

> The rcp application knows the url of the p2 repository where the
> feature is hosted. When I point the "install new feature" dialog of my
> IDE
>
> on this url the feature will be shown so the repository should be ok.
>

> When I deploy the whole rcp product with changed version number as p2
> repository the update mechanism works. But in that case the whole
> product will be downloaded.
>

> Is it possible that updating a single feature which is delivered with
> the product does not work?
>

> Thanks for your help!
>

> Bye Alex
>

> --
>
> Alexander Gerbig, Dipl.-Wirt.-Inf. (FH)
>
> Softwareentwicklung und -beratung
>
> T +49 931 260 798 13 | F +49 931 260 798 29
>
> agerbig@xxxxxxxxxxxx | www.systhemis.de
>

> SYSTHEMIS AG | Ein Unternehmen der Prof. Thome Gruppe Mergentheimer
> Str. 76a | 97082 Würzburg | Zentrale: +49 931 260 798 0
> Vorstand: Dr. Christian Schneider
> Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Prof. Dr. Rainer Thome | HRB: 10523
> (Würzburg)

Eclipse Platform UI and e4 project co-lead CEO vogella GmbH

Haindaalwisch 17a, 22395 Hamburg
Amtsgericht Hamburg: HRB 127058
USt-IdNr.: DE284122352
Fax (040) 5247 6322, Email: lars.vogel@xxxxxxxxxxx, Web: http://www.vogella.com _______________________________________________