Re: [p2-dev] API for "Available Software Sites" pref store

On 16-03-30 12:55 AM, Pradeep Balachandran wrote:

Sure Pascal. I agree. That's just a work around.

A better approach is to tell load API not to cache the URIs in certain cases. Is there a way to do that?

    No. There is no API to do this.

Pradeep

Inactive hide details for Pascal Rapicault ---03/29/2016
          09:11:12 PM---Note that it is highly recommended to use the
          API that NPascal Rapicault ---03/29/2016 09:11:12 PM---Note that it is highly recommended to use the API that Ned mentioned. Trying to directly tap into t

From: Pascal Rapicault <pascal@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: P2 developer discussions <p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: 03/29/2016 09:11 PM
Subject: Re: [p2-dev] API for "Available Software Sites" pref store
Sent by: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

Note that it is highly recommended to use the API that Ned mentioned. Trying to directly tap into the underlying preference store could lead to troubles, especially when installations are more fancy (e.g shared installs).

On 16-03-29 02:44 AM, Ned Twigg wrote:
      > But it has the side effect of adding those URIs to "Available Software Sites".

      Blech!  I only use P2 in the context of an RCP application with a fully custom UI, I hope my application is not caching every URI it's ever been passed...

      Looking at the IRepositoryManager interface, looks like you could `getKnownRepositories(REPOSITORIES_ALL)`, and then call `removeRepository()` for each one.

      Ned Twigg
      Lead Software Architect, DiffPlug LLC
      949-264-3433
      340 S Lemon Ave #3433, Walnut, CA 91789