[p2-dev] Difference between "revert" and "uninstall"?

(Sorry to ask a "user question" here :)

I'm working on some "feature patches" for 4.3.2, and noticed that I can use the history view in the about box to "revert" to previous level (effectively uninstalling the patches). But, if I select the patch features and say to "uninstall" it fails. Error message in Bug 428087.

As long as users have a means to "undo" what they did, I'm not too concerned about this specific case ... but, wondering if its a sign that I'm doing "something wrong"? Or is there a purpose to the difference?

Back to the top