Re: [p2-dev] IU order in install plan

Great, thank you for quick reply and explanation!

Best regards,
Dmitry Kozlov

On 11.02.2014 00:45, Pascal Rapicault wrote:
Nobody ever needed it, or people have been living with this bug and just don't know it will blow up :)
That said, a long time ago, I started some work to deal with sorting the IUs but I never completed it (http://git.eclipse.org/c/equinox/rt.equinox.p2.git/log/?h=sortingOperands). You may want to look into it to see if it can be of any interest to you and may be picking it up from where I left off.

HTH

Pascal
-----Original Message-----
From: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Dmitry Kozlov
Sent: February-10-14 3:40 PM
To: p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [p2-dev] IU order in install plan

Hello,
I have 3 IU's A,B,C. A depends on B and both A and B depends on C. When I'm trying to install A,B,C together, planner creates plan that installs C after A and B. This causes plan execution fail in my case because of touchpoint that creates symlinks to files from C during the installation of B.
IIUC neither SAT solver nor p2 director app doesn't order UI's to first install IU(s) without dependencies and only then install IU's that depends on it.
Is this by design feature, or bug, or use case that nobody cares about?
Or am I missing something?

Thank you,
Dmitry Kozlov