RE: [p2-dev] P2 UI improvements: have a look at YaST?

You also need a custom metadata repository. Maybe an artifact repo and touchpoints as well. But you need the metadata repo to represent the RPMs/debs as IUs to the rest of the world.

Doug.

From: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Jeff McAffer
Sent: Wednesday, August 20, 2008 9:07 AM
To: P2 developer discussions
Subject: Re: [p2-dev] P2 UI improvements: have a look at YaST?

That is do-able by design today.  What we are missing is the relevant touchpoints.

Jeff

Schaefer, Doug wrote:
My thinking was for something like CDT where we could create a
dependency on having a gcc installed. That way, when you install CDT, p2
would also go out and install the RPM or deb, etc., that provided gcc.
You could do it the other way around, but then you'd have to do it for
each distro you supported.

D.