Re: [p2-dev] P2 UI improvements: have a look at YaST?

Hi all
On Tuesday 19 August 2008 02:59:58 Jeff McAffer wrote:
>  Yes, it would be great to get summary of the differences, pros/cons, etc.
> Joerg, anything in particular you had in mind when you sad "...has a number
> of features that are badly missing" ?  The more detail you can supply the
> better.
>
>  Thanks!
>
>  Jeff
I have to agree that YaST is a good example of what can be achieved. I
particularly like the different ways of selecting what to view using the combo
box. It offer you choices such as Package groups, Repositories, Search and
Installation summary. I guess these are self explanatory. The icon in front of
each item indicates if it has been installed, is about to be installed, is
about to be upgraded, should not be modified or should never be installed
(there are a few other variants too).

I know I've seen a online user guide describing how to use the application but
now I cannot find it. In any case I guess it's best to download and try
yourselves.
--
Torkild Ulvøy Resheim
Senior Design Engineer, AVR Tools