RE: [p2-dev] RE: Installing eclipse from the command line

Hi John,

Thanks for responding. Here is my full command line. Can you spot any problems?

Thanks,

Miles

---

eclipse.exe
-application org.eclipse.equinox.p2.director.app.application
-nosplash
--launcher.suppressErrors
-consoleLog
-verbose
-debug
-flavor tooling
-installIU org.eclipse.sdk.ide
-version 3.4.0.I20080617-2000
-p2.os win32
-p2.ws win32
-p2.arch x86
-roaming
-profile SDKProfile
-profileProperties org.eclipse.update.install.features=true
-metadataRepository file:C:/dev/workshop/eclipseide/3.4/mirrors/eclipse
-artifactRepository file:C:/dev/workshop/eclipseide/3.4/mirrors/eclipse
-metadataRepositoryName metaName
-artifactRepositoryName artifactName
-destination C:/tmp/eclipseide/3.4/win
-bundlepool C:/tmp/eclipseide/3.4/win
-vmargs -Declipse.p2.data.area=C:/tmp/eclipseide/3.4/win/p2

Miles Daffin
Morgan Stanley | Technology
20 Cabot Square | Canary Wharf | Floor 06
London, E14 4QW
Phone: +44 20 7677-5119
Fax: +44 20 7056-4572
Miles.Daffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I've been on holiday for a couple of weeks and just catching up on this.  I can confirm you should get the same behaviour with the director application as the installer, since they both under the covers call the same p2 API to perform the install. I know this works because we use the director application ourselves during the eclipse project build to produce the zip files you see on the download page. Perhaps your command line for calling the director is missing something. Can you send along the exact command line you are using?  I think you already know this, but you should be using the "org.eclipse.sdk.ide" product IU as the root when performing the install.

John

"Daffin, Miles \(IT\)" <Miles.Daffin@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx

08/05/2008 06:03 AM

Please respond to

"P2 developer discussions" <p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>
cc
Subject
[p2-dev] RE: Installing eclipse from the command line

Folks,

Sorry to keep banging on about this - but does anyone have any idea why eclipse installation fails using the director application?

Thanks,

Miles