From: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Simon Kaegi
Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 9:33 PM
To: P2 developer discussions
Subject: RE: [p2-dev] updating a profile

That sounds strange.
Even if B 1.0.0 and C 1.0.0 are not singletons they should get
uninstalled along with A 1.0.0 so long as they were not explicitly
installed (e.g. they were only installed to satisfy A 1.0.0's
reuqirements).
The planner will remove all IUs that are not satisfying a depenency in
the tree of explicitly installed IUs.

Is it possible that B and C were explicitly installed or that they are
satisfying the dependencies of another IU in the installation?

-Simon