	From: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Susan Franklin McCourt
	Sent: Tuesday, August 05, 2008 3:00 PM
	To: P2 developer discussions
	Cc: p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx; p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
	Subject: Re: [p2-dev] updating a profile

	Helmut, I'm assuming you had a typo and meant to say

	Group A 1.0.1 -> IU B 1.0.1
	Group A 1.0.1 -> IU C 1.0.1  <not B>

	It sounds like you are setting up the profile change request as
expected (similarly to what the UI does in the update wizard).

	Can you clarify what you mean when you say that IU B 1.0.0 and
IU C 1.0.0 are not uninstalled. Are you referring to the profile's view
of the world or what's on disk?
	If you execute a query on the profile for all IU's, do you see
them in the list?

	I think that whether IU B 1.0.0 and IU C 1.0.0 should be
uninstalled depends on whether the IU is a singleton -
IInstallableUnit.setSingleton(boolean).
	If it is not a singleton, then I'm not sure that the
director/planner is that aggressive in removing the older versions
simply because the newer version was brought in by an update. (Pascal
could say for sure - he is on vacation right now).

	If B and C are singletons, then it sounds like a bug that the
IU's are not uninstalled.
	If they are not singletons, then I think you would have to
explicitly tell the planner to remove those IU's.

	susan

	 "Haigermoser, Helmut" <Helmut.Haigermoser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>

				"Haigermoser, Helmut"
<Helmut.Haigermoser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>