From: p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of ext Pascal Rapicault
Sent: Wednesday, July 23, 2008 4:34 PM
To: P2 developer discussions
Cc: p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx; p2-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: Re: [p2-dev] Updating a p2-enabled product doesn't appear to work

This is rather peculiar. You may want to verify that your profile (in p2/org.eclipse.equinox.p2.engine/....profile/<mostRecentVersion>.profile contains the following property <property name='org.eclipse.equinox.p2.cache' value='D:\eclipse'/>. this specifies the location of the bundle pool.
Did you specify the -bundlepool option to create this install?

In any event, if you have steps that we can use to reproduce the problem (and a small setup RCP app to try it from), it would be interesting to open a bug.

Thx

Inactive hide details for From:From:

<Warren.Paul@xxxxxxxxx>

<p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx>

07/23/2008 03:47 PM

[p2-dev] Updating a p2-enabled product doesn't appear to work

Now that we have our product p2-ized we're testing the update functionality, but it doesn't appear to be working. I built a product with feature/plugins versions 2.0.0.111. I then built the same product with version 2.0.0.222. I started up version 111 and went to Help->Software Updates… ->Available Software->Add Site… and selected the local repository built with the version 222 product. It found all of the version 222 features and I hit install. It appeared to install successfully and suggested I restart the IDE. I did so and looked at the about box but it still said version 111. The feature and plugin details both showed 111 versions as well. I searched the product for *222* and saw that all of the 222 versions are in \configuration\org.eclipse.osgi\bundles\182\data\1523730111\plugins. What am I missing?

Thanks,
Warren