Re: [p2-dev] version tags in 3.4 maintenance branch

I don't think this discussion resulted into a must do or that there was any real consensus as long as the teams were careful and consistent. Obviously we have not been consistent because I used the typical tag.
In the past(3.3), equinox has been using using RXX so I would propose that we stick with that for now, even though I don't like the approach of stating this kind of information in the version.

Inactive hide details for Susan Franklin McCourt ---07/23/2008 12:23:39 PM---Hi, everyone... I was getting ready to tag a UI chSusan Franklin McCourt ---07/23/2008 12:23:39 PM---Hi, everyone... I was getting ready to tag a UI change in the maintenance branch and I

Susan Franklin McCourt <susan_franklin@xxxxxxxxxx>

p2-dev@xxxxxxxxxxx

07/23/2008 12:23 PM

[p2-dev] version tags in 3.4 maintenance branch

Hi, everyone...

I was getting ready to tag a UI change in the maintenance branch and I noticed two different styles of tags for p2 changes in the maintenance branch:
R34x_v20080709
and
v20080722

When we last had a tag discussion in eclipse-dev, Boris proposed the optional maintenance branch after the date/time, and John suggested putting it before, and in general it was pretty late in the 3.4 cycle to change the standards.

http://dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/eclipse-dev/msg08075.html

But now it seems we should at least standardize within p2 on what to do?

susan