[open-measured-data-wg] Tech proposals Full Text Search in Jira

Hey *,

I put the two proposals in Jira:

ElasticSearch vs. SolR: https://openmdm.atlassian.net/browse/ORGA-102

openMDM Api vs. Corba: https://openmdm.atlassian.net/browse/ORGA-103

As spoilers do not seem too bad here (it’s not Game of Thrones ;-)), here a short summary:

·         We recommend using ElasticSearch, because it better fits to future use cases. Current use cases can be implemented with both and changing the platform (SolR/ElasticSearch) is easy.

·         We recommend using the openMDM API, because it seems to provide all the needed features, with the exception of the notification mechanism. On the other hand, using the openMDM API as single point of accessing ODS, will enable us to not implement features twice, if ODS changes (read: improves).

Kind Regards,

Christian

Peak Solution GmbH

Lina-Ammon-Str. 22

90471 Nürnberg

Telefon: +49 (0) 911 / 800 927 39

c.weyermann@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

www.peak-solution.de

Ag Nürnberg | Hrb 23 407 | Steuer-Nr. 241/135/12527 | Ust-Id-Nr.

DE243602953

Sparkasse Fürth | Blz 762 500 00 | Kto 249 068 909

Geschäftsführung:

Dr. Hans-Jörg Kremer, Dipl.-Ing. Michael Reichle, Ga-Lam Chang

Wichtiger Hinweis: Die vorgenannten Angaben werden jeder E-Mail automatisch

hinzugefügt und lassen keine Rückschlüsse auf den Rechtscharakter der E-Mail zu.

Important Notice: The above information is automatically added to this e-mail.

This addition does not constitute a representation that the content of this e-mail is

legally relevant.

Back to the top