Re: [om2m-dev] OM2M - Request for Info

Hi Sheetal,

1) By default, there is no resource replication. Each SCL (GSCL or NSCL) has its own resources accessible to users directly or via retargeting. Examples:
  • If we request to create a resource on the GSCL and target the GSCL address: One instance of the resource will be created directly on the GSCL.
  • If we request to create a resource on the NSCL and target the GSCL address: One instance of the resource will be created on the NSCL using retargeting (The GSCL acts as a proxy to forward the request).
  • -> these scenarios still valid if we replace "NSCL" by "GSCL".
2) A Network Application can subscribe to a Gateway Application (or vice-versa) and replicate some data in the NSCL using notifications.

3) Each GSCL has the possibility to announce resources to the NSCL (or vice versa) to:
  • Simplify the discovery of resources by advertising the original GSCL resource reference to the NSCL,
  • Benefit from a remote storage space on the NSCL and create GSCL resources there.
  • -> in both cases, there is no replication, the resource will be created on the NSCL or GSCL.

I hope this helps to clarify this point.
Mahdi