[nebula-dev] New topic in forum Nebula, called Xviewer performances, by Pascal Will

Title: Eclipse Community Forums
Subject: Xviewer performances Author: Pascal Will Date: Tue, 25 November 2014 09:46
Hi,

In my application, there is a tree with only two levels but which will contain at least 25.000 roots. What's more, my tree has 14 columns.

I would like to use Xviewer which offers a range of very efficient and interesting functionnalities.

However, the problem is that, in my case, the tree is loading excessively slowly. It looks like SWT.VIRTUAL is not active.

Is the slow loading normal? If so, how can the loading time be reduced?

It appears that, in JFace, there are problems involving trees (not tables) with SWT.VIRTUAL.

Thus, I have the following performance (if I change my tree to a table by removing one level)

25,000 nodes - Tree SWT.VIRTUAL -> > 20 sec
25,000 nodes - Table SWT.VIRTUAL -> > 2 sec

So, if in XViewer the problem with these data volumes stems from the fact that it is a tree, is it possible to change the tree to a table?
If so, how?
Or is there a "table" version of Xviewer?

Thank you.

Best regards,

Pascal.
[ Reply ][ Quote ][ View Topic/Message ][ Unsubscribe from this forum ]

Back to the top