[nebula-dev] Eclipse ICE - nebula version update breaks build

Nebula-Devs,

We have a large project (Eclipse Integrated Computational Environment in the Science Working Group) that is under continuous integration and relies on Eclipse Nebula widgets. We have the nebula feature org.eclipse.nebula.visualization.feature.feature.group added to our target platform from the http://download.eclipse.org/technology/nebula/snapshot update site. It seems that each time this plugin is updated to a new version, our maven build breaks with the following error:

[ERROR] Internal error: java.lang.RuntimeException: Failed to resolve target definition /home/aqw/ice_trunk/org.eclipse.ice.target.kepler/kepler_rcp.target: Could not find "org.eclipse.nebula.visualization.feature.feature.group/0.9.9.201407311802" in the repositories of the current location

Apparently, last night this feature was updated from 0.9.9.201407311802 to 1.0.0.201409040043. Additionally, we had this issue when the plugins were updated to 0.9.9.2012407311802 at the end of July.

What happens to the previous versions such that we can’t access it anymore? How can we avoid this happening to our build in the future?

The obvious fix to this problem was updating our target to use the latest version, but this should not be necessary every time the nebula feature is updated.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated so we can continue to use your plugins!

Best,

Alex McCaskey
ORNL Computer Science Research
mccaskeyaj@xxxxxxxx<mailto:mccaskeyaj@xxxxxxxx>