Re: [nebula-dev] CDateTime

Thanks for your response.

I'll try to put together a simple set of code that demonstrates the problem.

I've checked that the shell that's being used is the same object as the workbench top level shell.  The shell is being obtained from BaseCombo:getContentShell().  When I create the CDateTime class, its parent is a composite with an ancestor that's a Workbench 'ViewPart'.

The shell returned from BaseCombo:getContentShell() is a child of the Workbench top level shell, created in BaseCombo:createContentShell().  The Workbench menu bar must be child of that same top level shell, and it's not clear to me how disposing of the CDateTime popup calendar is affecting a sibling window.

Yes, you're right, I should have written "createPartControl()'.

> Hi Glenn,
>
> I am pretty sure there is some issue with your code, commonly the use of the top level shell or supplying a null for the shell is a common error. > I am happy to look at it but you have to supply a minimal plugin where this problem is exposed.
>
> You can send this minimal plugin to the list. It should only contain an implementation of ViewPart and your code that opens the CDateTime >
> from this view. Alternatively you can put it on Github.
>
> I have never heard of method createSubPartControl(Composite parent) do you meant to say createPartControl(Composite parent)
>
> Cheers,
>
> Wim

Back to the top