[nebula-dev] New topic in forum Nebula, called SWT ComboViewer with ContentProposal and Pagination Control (large anmount of data), by Pawel Jakis

Title: Eclipse Community Forums
Subject: SWT ComboViewer with ContentProposal and Pagination Control (large anmount of data) Author: Pawel Jakis Date: Mon, 28 April 2014 06:32
Hi Everyone

I have implemented a ComboViewer that also uses content proposal (ContentProposalAdapter) functionality in Eclipse RCP application (using SWT). User is able to type first letter of e.g. a street and he gets all valid proposals e.g. streets that starts with 'Mac'. It works really great. Now I am facing additional problem. Number of data to show in this combo can be very big. Now I got almost 200000 records to show. Creating Combo element in GUI takes forever and it crashes my RCP application. I thought about introducing pagination control for this ComboViewer. I would like it to work very similar to this ExtJs solution:

dev.sencha.com/deploy/ext-4.0.1/examples/form/forum-search.html

What I was able to find is Nebula Pagination Control (https://www.eclipse.org/nebula/widgets/pagination/pagination.php) I found just examples where it is user in grid, but not in a combo. There is something like PageableTable, but it is something way different that I need (Although in here: dev.eclipse.org/mhonarc/lists/nebula-dev/msg01669.html it is said that it will copied from ContentProposalAdapter ) Does anyone have any example of combining pagination control with ComboViewer? Can Nebula component support this kind of functionality ?

cheers
[ Reply ][ Quote ][ View Topic/Message ][ Unsubscribe from this forum ]

Back to the top