Re: [nebula-dev] nebula visualization

Sounds good! I look forward to seeing your first contribution!

Cheers,
Xihui

On Sat, Feb 8, 2014 at 1:53 AM, Matthew Gerring <matthew.gerring@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Xi Hui,

Yes I will see you there! Agreed that somehow I will have to break the
changes up in to the various discrete things and raise tickets. I will
have a go at this because it is time to remove our fork now!!

I will start with the tick mark stuff. It might take a while because
we have a working solution and merging things over does not add short
term value to users. However in the long term we will all hopefully
benefit from each others additions!

Matt

On 8 February 2014 05:24, Xihui Chen <ztyaner11@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi Matt,
>
> Thank you for willing to bring your contributions to Nebula! I knew that
> your changes were based on a very early version of SWT XYGraph, so there is
> no way to make automatic merge. I think Wim's suggestion is the best way:
> one feature at a time. Firstly, file a bug on bugzilla for each feature you
> want to bring in, after it is approved, manually apply your changes for that
> feature to current Nebula Visualization head, submit it to gerrit for
> review. Finally, merge it to Nebula.
>
> What do you think? BTW, I will go to the EclipseCon in March too. Look
> forward to seeing you there!
>
> Cheers,
> Xihui
>

> On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 7:45 AM, Wim Jongman <wim.jongman@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Matt,
>>
>> That sounds absolutely smashing! It would be great to integrate the two
>> streams. I guess the best way to work is to first analyze which changes you
>> want to incorporate and then file a bug for every major change.  Xihui, what
>> do you think?
>>
>> Matt, are there other things from the Dawn project that could come to
>> Eclipse in some way?
>>
>> Cheers,
>>
>> Wim
>>
>> PS
>> Maybe we have met at Diamond where I have done some Eclipse training?
>>

>> On Fri, Feb 7, 2014 at 3:03 PM, Matthew Gerring
>> <matthew.gerring@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Wim,
>>>

>>> Thanks for helping me do my first commit to visualization. I do not think
>>> we have met before - maybe at eclipse con? Not sure. I will be at the US
>>> eclipse con in March.
>>>

>>> You wrote that you hope the change will be the first of many. Well we
>>> have made scores to hundreds of improvements to an old fork of xygraph (from
>>> its css days). Today I renamed the plugins/packages in our fork to nebula
>>> paths. This means that I can swap our nebula.visualization for your master
>>> one. I do not really know where to start with the merging (see our versions
>>> at:
>>>

>>> https://github.com/DawnScience/swt-xy-graph/tree/master/PureJava/org.eclipse.nebula.visualization.widgets
>>>

>>> https://github.com/DawnScience/swt-xy-graph/tree/master/PureJava/org.eclipse.nebula.visualization.xygraph
>>>

>>> )
>>>

>>> I suppose I should make a bugzilla ticket for each change? The changes we
>>> made broadly fall into:
>>>

>>> 1.      1.       A swappable tick mark generator with an alternative
>>> implementation (which we use by default).
>>> 2.      Ability to make toolbar a SWT one as well as a draw2d one.