[nebula-dev] Nebula and Incubation for Parallel IP

Hi Nebula-Committer & Technology-PMC,

As the new co-lead of the Nebula-Project I'm trying to get Nebula
project in better shape by getting:
- our widgets build using CBI
- makeing the project follow the Incubation-Rules to allow Parallel-IP

1. Build widgets using CBI
--------------------------
Getting up the build infrastructure is important to provide
downloadable/consumeable nebula widgets. This is a technical task and I
hope to resolve it in the next 2 weeks.

2. Follow Incubation Rules for Parallel IP
I'm having issues to the apply the rules for Incubation for the
Nebula-Project hence i write this mail to ask for help fixing/clarifying
issues I'm having with it.

I think the Incubation rules as they currently are hard to impossible to
apply to the Nebula-Project because of Nebula's unusual structure.

In Nebula every widget is its small *individual* unit with its own set
of developers, its own release schedule, ... much like nebula is a
subproject of the technology project or e.g. CDO is a subproject of EMF.

Because of this structure the "Nebula Project" as itself can't:
- be in incubation and follow the rules of Incubation
- provide a release schedule, ....

Only the small Widget-Unit (Gallery, Grid, CDateTime, ... ) can provide
these things.

Is the technology PMC the right one to ask for help resolving this
feature or should we bring this problem to the attention of the EAC, ask
the legal team at Eclipse for advice, ...?

Thanks for your attention and your help with this issue

Tom Schindl
Co-Lead Nebula-Project

Back to the top