Re: [mosquitto-dev] MQTT with DPDK.

Hi Nagesh,

It's not something that I've looked into. The paper you link is using
at most a 1.4.x version of Mosquitto. There have been significant
performance improvements in the 1.5, 1.6, and 2.0 releases of
Mosquitto so the results presented are very pessimistic towards
current versions of Mosquitto. For example, the test.mosquitto.org
server is currently serving ~3000 clients, mostly subscribers, and is
achieving 350k msg/s with typical payload of 200 bytes, and is running
on a very low power Intel Atom processor. The single thread
performance of that device is 5.2x lower than used in the paper. If we
naively assume a linear performance increase, if I ran
test.mosquitto.org on that Xeon processor I would be getting 1.8M
msg/s out of the single core. That's extremely unlikely in practice,
but it gives you a good idea of the improvements.

10,000 connections isn't a lot to worry about, I'd suggest giving it a try.

Regards,

Roger