Re: [mosquitto-dev] Not understanting the specifications

Thank you Roger for your answer,

it is much clearer, but I'd like to make sure it is clear:

"so the PUBLISH/PUBACK should happen straight away."
Let's say I have a subscriber client , making REST api calls to a remote service when receiving PUBLISH msgs. Does the mosquitto library send the PUBACK right away, before calling the `on_message()` callback? Or does it wait until I return from this callback, thus sending the PUBACK after the call of this callback?

I hope my question is clear,
Regards