Re: [mosquitto-dev] Interoperability between V3.1 and V5

Thanks,

I actually did figure that out  after being confused about "P2" meaning v3.1.1.

What I'm most interested in at the moment is the shared subscription/load balancing feature.  I thought I might have seen mention that this might work with a v3.1.1 client as long as the mosquitto broker supports it - is this true?  I've got Arduino/ESP8266 IOT devices which use the PubSub library which does not have v5 and won't soon.  It's possible that I'd want some of them to publish to a topic that is subscribed to from load balanced handlers, though also it sounds like the $share/group/topic might only need to be done by the subscriber and the publisher might just need to publish to topic and could still be v3.1.1?

Steve