[mosquitto-dev] Optional header mqtt message

Hi,

currently I’m writing my master thesis about MQTT message tracing. I’ve read through the MQTTV3.1 standard and I’ve seen that it is possible to send a variable header in a MQTT message. My to that is: Does the mosquitto broker keep the variable message header so it will be delivered to all subscribers?

Think of following scenario:

  • P1 publishs to topic /test, S1 gets all message from topic /test
  • P1 adds a variable header with a traceId to all of his messages
  • Is S1 getting these variable headers as well?

Sadly I couldn’t find anything concerning this question in the documentation.

Thanks for your thoughts.

Regards,

Philipp

Back to the top