Re: [mosquitto-dev] Port 8081 of test.mosquitto.org

Hi Nagesh,

Port 8081 is for MQTT over WebSockets over TLS (for use in Web Browsers).

Port 8883 is for plain MQTT over TLS - but uses a self-signed certificate.

This works for me (on Debian Linux):

curl -O http://test.mosquitto.org/ssl/mosquitto.org.crt

mosquitto_sub -h test.mosquitto.org -p 8883 -t 'bbc/#' --cafile mosquitto.org.crt -v

nick.