Re: [mosquitto-dev] Requesting for mosquitto version which supports payload in HEX format

Hello,

I agree with Adrian - it is not quite clear what you are trying to achieve.
Do you mean a 'binary' (non-text) payload?
mosquitto_sub supports binary payloads, it is just that there is no way of knowing when one message payload ends and the next begins - unless you can be sure the messages don't contain newline characters.

Did I imagine that there was a version of mosquitto_sub that supports a '-1' option to receive a single message and then exit? That may help with a binary message payload.

I wonder if it would be useful to be able to pass an '--exec' command line argument to mosquito_sub - which runs the specified command for each message received - with the message written to STDIN.

nick.

On 2017-11-22 05:06, Adrian Brown wrote:
Hi not sure what your question really is but this might help MQTT is a
binary it’s payload agnostic so if want to send a payload contain
hexadecimal characters you can

This might help you if your asking how to take a revived payload and
turn it into hex and you don’t have coding experience node red might
be a good start

Cheers
Adrian

On Wed, 22 Nov 2017 at 3:57 pm, Surendra Manikandan