Re: [mosquitto-dev] save mosquitto.db for running instance if persistance if false

I am already using a config file but I just tried this and it doesn't seem to be working for me. I changed the line in the config file from
persistence false
persistence true

then found the PID of the mosquitto service and sent it:
sudo kill -SIGUSR1 MOSQUITTO_PID

the log file shows:
Error in poll: Interrupted system call.

and no mosquitto.db was written.

I know my settings are OK because I then stopped and restarted the mosquitto service. With the new setting of persistence in the config file a mosquitto.db file was created when the service was stopped.

mosquitto version 1.4.9 (build date Fri, 17 Jun 2016 15:43:08 +0100)

This was all done on a test service. I have a prod service on another server and that's the one I am concerned about.

-John