[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [mosquitto-dev] Mosquitto remote_password for bridge with space character
- From: Sebastian Koch <Sebastian.Koch@xxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 28 Apr 2016 20:02:38 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US, de-DE
- Authentication-results: eclipse.org; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none; eclipse.org; dmarc=none action=none header.from=azeti.net;
- Delivered-to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=azeti.onmicrosoft.com; s=selector1-azeti-net; h=From:To:Date:Subject:Message-ID:Content-Type:MIME-Version; bh=tjabAUxAQA/4kKOXaq9BvTzAZ0iMGs/yc73YC+xl/UY=; b=EWyS7AMQAqCHyB7SL2hvCBD6H+lyK2q86AfxfPbS58+WQ9DgagbkuvFYkvR9cAuwGm4C01i5IZMm0ys/6+m9ZWlZOqpS/D1QnjsttiKKqjUAXVSLpxo3P1F41GUqpuxBixvgeR7zlbkF9G2/isgciMQYrZpDRxiRu9uxJSD4bzs=
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
- Thread-index: AQHRoVUfeTYmcAsrL0ua1kufcb6XgJ+fihgAgAAU/4CAAFGagA==
- Thread-topic: [mosquitto-dev] Mosquitto remote_password for bridge with space character
- User-agent: Microsoft-MacOutlook/f.15.1.160411
first of all many thanks for the quick answer and your efforts to dig into this - highly appreciated. I posted the question for a workaround here too: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/documentation/articles/iot-hub-mqtt-support/#comment-2647324449 - maybe there is a way around from azure side.
I will create a bug in bugzilla and hope there is a fix soon.
On 28/04/16 19:10, "mosquitto-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of Mikkel Kirkgaard Nielsen" <mosquitto-dev-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxx on behalf of miki@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>On 2016-04-28 15:55, Sebastian Koch wrote:
>> does anyone know how the password is parsed from the config file
>> by mosquitto, is the space the problem here?
>The space will give you trouble as the code of src/conf.c line 1536
>will parse only until the first space after "remote_password", so that
>is a no-go.
>token = strtok_r(NULL, " ", &saveptr);
>HTML-encoding would make mosquitto use the full string, but maybe the
>other end (the Azure stuff) won't try to decode it. Their docs may say
>something about that.
>Any quotation marks or escaping attempts will become part of the
>password string, so that won't work unless agreed upon with the other
>end. And it won't make a difference to the space parsing either.
>As far as I can see the MQTT v3.1.1 standard doesn't limit the
>contents of the PASSWORD field beyond "binary"
>So I guess the inability to use a password containing a space is a
>flaw of the current Mosquitto implementation.
>-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
>Version: GnuPG v2
>-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
>mosquitto-dev mailing list
>To change your delivery options, retrieve your password, or unsubscribe from this list, visit