[mosquitto-dev] Segfault on (end of) connection

Hi there,

first time posting, I hope this question is OK for this list.

I’m setting up Mosquitto 1.4.2 on FreeBSD 9 amd64, and I’m having trouble keeping it alive.  When I telnet to the port and close the connection, I get this on verbose log:
1440371838: New connection from 2001:xxxx:f87a:7d6b:34df:caed on port 1883.
1440371840: Socket error on client <unknown>, disconnecting.
Segmentation fault: 11

I haven’t found the core yet (it’s not in the current directory).

I also get the problem if I set allow_anonymous false and have a client try to connect without username/password.

Is this a known issue? Potentially triggered by mis-configuration, or do I need to dig deeper?

Thanks,
Stefan

--
Stefan Bethke <stb@xxxxxxxxxx>   Fon +49 151 14070811