[mdt-papyrus.dev] API analysis configuration and versioning completed for Neon M6

Hi, Team,

I have today pushed the last changes for API Analysis and Version Management configuration [1] for the Neon release, in advance of this month’s M6 API Freeze.  As of now, the master branch has the PDE API Tooling analysis builder configured on all plug-in projects in the main build.  This has identified several more plug-ins that needed to be up-versioned to 2.0 to account for API breakages, some being natural consequences of our sweeping refactoring efforts, and some probably less intentional.

Important consequences for developers:
  • the next time you pull the master branch, you will have to update your PDE target to master build #2478 or the next successful build after that, otherwise you will likely get dependency resolution errors because the 2.0 version of a dependency isn’t available.  Unless, of course, you’re like me and you import all of the Papyrus projects into your workspace  😉
  • the Oomph project configuration management maintained in the org.eclipse.papyrus.infra.core bundle is updated to configure all projects’ API Analysis to report missing @since doc tags as warnings instead of the default error severity.  There are many missing @since tags.  I encourage everyone to fix these problems opportunistically as they work on code, and of course to add @since tags to any new APIs as they are created.  There is a quick-fix that can help, but it’s flaky (it fails to do anything useful when other edits change line numbers so that the line number recorded in the problem marker is out-of-date)
Cheers,

Christian

[1] https://git.eclipse.org/r/#/c/67624/

Back to the top