Re: [mdt-papyrus.dev] Publishing test utilities for customizer

Hi, Benoit,

Inasmuch as the git repository is publicly available for read-only access, these are, of course, already “published”.  I suppose it’s a question of whether there is enough perceived value in creating dedicated builds and binary downloads/repositories for these bundles.

Is there provision in the Eclipse Development Process for a p2 repository that maintains a nightly snapshot of bundles but never actually releases them as a formal capital-R “Release”?  If so, that might be a good option for these test bundles.  It will become even more interesting when the diagram tests generation framework is ready for some kind of more public consumption, because that is a tool that could be especially useful for anyone developing graphical DSLs with Papyrus.

I would say that I don’t think we should include any test bundles, not even these utilities, in the SDK.  These are not software artifacts for which we plan features and a release roadmap as we do the for the Papyrus product.  I would support a move to publish these test utility bundles and the tests generation framework in their own dedicated repository.

Cheers,

Christian