[mdt-papyrus.dev] [Papyrus] Centralize creation element service in Papyrus

Hi all,

We have currently several frameworks to create elements in Papyrus tool. This leads to inconsistent domain elements creation. For example, GMF creates element using the palette framework, giving them an initial name. The model explorer uses the EMF generic framework to propose element creation. These elements are not initialized, which leads to malformed models (no name on model elements). I also needs some functionality in the property view, for example creating a classifier in the nested classifiers property of a Class.

We would like to propose a service with Cedric, which would centralize the domain element creation relying on services framework proposed by the backbone. The following document summarizes the requirement for such a service. http://dev.eclipse.org/svnroot/modeling/org.eclipse.mdt.papyrus/trunk/plugins/developer/org.eclipse.papyrus.doc/services/elementCreation/CreationElementServiceRequirement.doc. Thus, domain elements should always be created in a consistent manner.

Feel free to comment the document. I would like to close discussion before tomorrow morning 10:00 AM, so we could start early implementation of this service.

Regards,

Remi

Rémi SCHNEKENBURGER
+33 1 69 08 48 48